Shepherd is Shell’s quantitative risk analysis (QRA) tool, available exclusively through Gexcon.
Shepherd is a risk management software tool, tailored to do risk analysis for onshore facilities and operations. It allows fast and reliable prediction of the risk related to incidents such as releases of flammable or toxic fluid, fires and explosions.
Shepherd has been continuously developed and validated by Shell since the 1990s, and has been extensively used by oil, gas and petrochemical operating companies, engineering contractors, insurers and regulators throughout the world.
Shepherd can be used for:
- Quantitative risk analysis (QRA)
- Facility layout optimization
- Domino effects / escalation management studies
- Provides users with an at-a-glance overview of the risk picture for the facility, activity or project
- Allows users to reflect actual site-specific operational practices, rather than generic ones
- Provides quick sensitivity analysis for layout options
- Allows users to easily document and record their design options and risk based decision making, providing transparent tracking of the decision making process throughout the life-cycle of the facility
- Allows operating companies to maintain control of risk analyses performed by consultants and engineering contractors, through ownership of the risk management software tool that was used
Interested in learning more about Shepherd?