PIPA is Shell’s pre-incident planning tool, available exclusively through Gexcon.
PIPA quickly and easily provides plant operators and safety engineers with hazard consequence assessment information, to assist them in the development of emergency response plans and the specification of fire protection requirements.
PIPA can be used for development of effective emergency plans for any proposed design and to highlight aspects that may need modification. PIPA can output full emergency response plans including hazards, protection requirements and justifications.
- Gives easy access to Shell’s state-of-the-art consequence modelling suite
- Provides fast, reliable and exact prediction of the consequences of potential releases and fires
- Assists in rapid development of appropriate emergency response plans
- Enables cost-effective plant design e.g. fire protection measures
- Enables fire chiefs to quickly run ‘what if’ weather variations on pre-programmed scenarios at real incidents.
Interested in learning more about PIPA?