View animations by clicking on images!
Experiments performed in a tube at CMR's gas explosion test site at Sotra outside Bergen (Hjertager et al., 1981 and 1983).
Experiments performed in a high density obstructed 27 m3 corner (Hjertager et al., 1986).
Experiments showing the use of louvres as explosion venting.
Experiments showing the effect of water spray on the initial phases of an explosion. The experiment on the left is with water spray, the one to the right without. Notice how the spraying in this case actually accelerates the flame propagation.
Explosion in a 1:5 scale offshore module without water spray
The same scenario with water spray. In this case the explosion overpressure is significantly reduced with water spray.
- FLACS simulation of a gas explosion in an onshore process plant. The animation shows both flame and pressure development.
- External pressure development for explosion simulation in an offshore module.
- A different view of the same scenario.
- Flame development in the same module .
- The following animations show FLACS simulations of the effect of varying the geometry by locating vessels differently:
- BFEETS Geometry
- Dust explosion in vented vessel simulated with FLACS
Finally an experiment and a FLACS simulation of an explosion in CMR's 1:5 scale model of an offshore module