Gas Explosion Hazards Training Courses
This course covers gas explosion hazards on offshore facilities. It addresses all aspects of hazards associated with vapor cloud explosions ( VCEs): ignition processes, release and dispersion, explosion mechanisms, blast load and modeling of all these aspects.
Who should attend?
- Saftey engineers, managers and other personnel involved in the desgin, operation or modification of an offshore oil and gas facility ( platforms, FPSO`s etc)
- Accident investigators
- Representatives of governmental or public bodies involved in development of offshore safety regulations.
- Anyone who would like to develop an understanding of gas explosion safety.
At the end of the course, delegates should achieve the following key learning outcomes:
- Understand the basics and importent parameters governing vapour cloud explosion ( VCEs)
- Be aware of offshore release and accidents statistics and some important offshore accidents
- Understand the accident chain of events and important parameters affecting gas release and dispersion
- Understand various preventive measures to reduce the occurencce of accidents and various mitigation and control techniques to reduce gas explosion consequences
- Learn the variuos explosion modeling techniques that may be applied and understand the importance of using advanced 3D modeling for gas analyses
- Learn the different gas explosion analyses methods and when they may be applied
- Understand how gas explosion loads can be integrated with the responses of structures
Planned Gas Explosion Hazards Training Courses, please click here