This year’s FLACS User Group Meeting will be held in Bergen Norway, May 22-23, 2018. Join other FLACS users for two days of learning and discussions.
The FLACS User Group (FLUG) Meeting is a top-level meeting in the field of modelling dispersion, explosion, and fire of toxic and flammable gas. It focuses on FLACS development and is a forum for global enterprise leaders, experts, and industry scholars to discuss freely. The meeting also promotes the safety level of oil, gas and hazardous chemicals industries.
Cost and Registration
Participation is free of charge and open to FLACS users. Participants pay for their own travel and accommodation. The registration deadline is Tuesday 1st May 2018. Please use this link to go to the registration site
FLUG Meeting Agenda
- Technical Q&A from the FLUG Meeting in London
- Gexcon R&D: Activities and prospects
- Gexcon Application Development: Activities and prospects
- FLACS v10.8 release
- FLACS-Fire: Update on deluge modelling development
- FLACS-3 Solver: Development and commercial release roadmap
- Developments improving CAD geometry import, counting and porosity calculations
- Using (beta) FLACS python API to streamline workflow
- Complimentary use of empirical consequence modelling tool FRED with FLACS and FLACS-Risk [TBC]
- FLUG Dinner (evening 22nd May)
- Gexcon Fire test and training facility
- Tour of facility
- Live demonstration of Christmas tree fire
- FLACS User presentation (typically 4-8 user presentations)LNG Releases QRA with FLACS-Risk, Cao Jiaolong (CCS)
- Effect of fin-fan coolers on pool fires, Hiroki Orihara (JGC)
- User presentation, Olav Hansen (LR)
- User presentation, Chris Coffey (Gexcon Consulting)
- Further user presentations [TBA]
- FLACS global user survey summary of results
- FLACS user dialogue and FLUG wishes
- The FLUG meeting on the last day will end around 3 pm
- (to allow participants to get to Bergen Airport around 4:15 pm)
Venue and Hotel Information
This year the FLUG meeting will be held at the Gexcon Fire test and training facility. The venue is 45 mins drive from the city center and that we, therefore, recommend the Panorama Hotell which is walking distance from the venue. Participants will need to make their own hotel arrangements. For Panorama Hotell reservation, please contact email@example.com or +47 56 31 9000. The hotel room allotment for the FLUG event will be held up to Sunday 22nd April. If you wish to stay at the Panorama Hotell, please make your hotel reservation before Sunday 22nd April. Please use the following discount code: Gexcon
We recommend taking a taxi to get from Bergen airport to the Panorama hotel/FLUG venue. A taxi will cost approximately NOK 1200 one-way and taxis accept credit card payments. The Panorama hotel and FLUG venue are just 500m apart, however, walking is not recommended. Therefore, transportation between the Panorama Hotell and the FLUG venue before and after the FLUG event will be organized by Gexcon. At the end of the last FLUG meeting day, Gexcon will organize transportation to take participants to Bergen airport or Bergen city center. Due to the rush hour traffic at this time, the expected arrival time at the airport is between 4 pm – 4:15 pm. If you need to get to the airport earlier, we recommend taking a taxi at an earlier time.
Showcase Your FLACS Expertise!
We always encourage FLACS users to present their work at FLUG Meetings. This is an excellent opportunity to showcase your knowledge and expertise among industry peers. We still have one or two presentation slots available for user presentations, so please let us know on the registration form if you would like to present a case.
Join Us for Dinner!
We invite all participants to join us for an informal dinner on the first day of the FLUG Meeting, Tuesday, May 22. Let us know at the time of registration if you would like to join.
For further questions about the FLUG Meeting, please contact us on FLACS@gexcon.com.