Gexcon and Shell are excited to announce that we are working on a new version of Shell FRED for 2020.
Shell FRED allows safety professionals to predict the consequences of Fire, Release, Explosion, and Dispersion from accidental and design releases of products from the process, storage, transport, and distribution operations. Its ease-of-use allows the user to rapidly comprehend the consequence prediction related to incidents for facilities and operations. It provides the user with an at-a-glance overview of the extent of contours, such as blast waves, dispersion contours, and heat radiation directly on-site plan.
Shell FRED has been continuously developed and validated by Shell since the 1980s. It has been extensively used by oil, gas, and petrochemical operating companies, engineering contractors, insurers, and regulators throughout the world. The integrated models rely on an extensive and unique programme of large-scale experiments, combined with validated scientific research, that assures the reliability and consistency of the results.
We are now looking for adventurous users who want to help us test a Shell FRED 2020 beta version.
What is The New Update?
Shell FRED 2020 is being developed with a completely new, modernized user interface while preserving some of the great usability functions which make Shell FRED so accessible and easy to use.
What to expect in the beta test?
- You will receive a beta copy of Shell FRED 2020.
- The software is free to use until 31st July 2020.
- You will obtain full support throughout the test.
- You can leave the test at any time.
- Note that the software might be unstable as some features are still in active development.
- You will be asked to provide feedback on your experience.
Why contribute to a beta test?
- Get early access to the new version of the Shell FRED User Interface.
- Make an impact by providing feedback that contributes to the development.
We only have a limited number of slots, so let us know as soon as possible if you are interested.
If you and your company are interested in joining the Shell FRED 2020 beta test, contact us at FRED@gexcon.com. Please include your name, position, and company affiliation. Any other questions related to Shell FRED 2020 can be directed to the same address.