Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to use Shell FRED 2020 for a range of typical scenarios, including understanding the key differences between the older Shell FRED interface and Shell FRED 2020.
This course is suitable for existing Shell FRED users who already have a basic knowledge on the previous version of the software.
In addition to the professional skill development of staff, the organization will have the capability to fully utilize this comprehensive consequence modelling tool. Shell FRED will assist in carrying out safety-related studies effectively and accurately, including:
- Process hazard analysis (HAZID, HAZOP, etc.)
- Regulatory compliance (ATEX/ DSEAR, LPG Compliance Audits, etc.)
- Modelling studies (dispersion, explosion, and fire modelling)
Attendees will be able to use Shell FRED for process safety-related projects, which includes:
- Development of new skills and knowledge
- Development of competency to carry out various process safety-related studies
- Ability to come up with recommendations on safety-related studies
- Ability to practice risk planning and mitigation