This course is a combination of a 3-day EFFECTS course and a 1-day RISKCURVES course.
The “EFFECTS training” is aimed at introducing the principles of consequence modelling, the EFFECTS user interface, and giving an overview of all the models available within the software: release, pool evaporation, fire, explosion, dispersion, damage, and combined models. The training provides a general theoretical background that is consolidated with multiple practical exercises that will be elaborated during the training.
The “RISKCURVES training” follows the EFFECTS training and provides information about what a “Quantitative Risk Assessment” (QRA) actually consists of, which risk criteria can be used, and of course how to conduct it using RISKCURVES. The training provides extensive information regarding RISKCURVES’ functionality and how to apply the software in QRA studies.
- Ensure a good understanding of the feature of EFFECTS and RISKCURVES.
- Explain the workflow in using EFFECTS and RISKCURVES.
- Introduce various functionality of EFFECTS and RISKCURVES.
- Ensure the attendees are capable to use EFFECTS and RISKCURVES in their projects.
People who intend to carry out consequence modelling with EFFECTS and RISKCURVES or work closely together with people performing EFFECTS and RISKCURVES simulations, such as the following.
- Safety engineers and consultants in risk consultancy companies
- Oil and gas and process industries engineers
- Regulatory body professionals
- Nuclear industry engineers
- Engineering company employees
- Students who want to gain knowledge of EFFECTS and RISKCURVES
The course is suitable for new users and for more experienced users who have not attended a formal training course or would like a refresher course.
- You will use your own PC and own license
- We will use Microsoft Teams
- A webcam and headphone is recommended
- Your internet connection should be stable and the bandwidth should be enough to be able to have video conferences
- If you do not have a license we will provide a temporary license for the training
The license will be soft-key protected and stand-alone
- It is recommended that EFFECTS and RISKCURVES are installed by a user with administration privileges
In addition to the professional skill development of staff, the organization will have the capability to utilize the comprehensive consequence modelling tool, EFFECTS, and its associated QRA tool, RISKCURVES. These tools will assist in carrying out safety-related studies effectively and accurately, including:
- Process hazard analysis (HAZID, HAZOP, etc.)
- Risk management (QRA, hazardous area classification, etc.)
- Regulatory compliance (ATEX/ DSEAR, LPG Compliance Audits, etc.)
- Modelling studies (explosion, dispersion, ventilation, and fire and smoke modelling studies, gas detector layout optimization, etc.)
Attendees will be able to use EFFECTS and RISKCURVES for process safety-related projects, which includes:
- Development of new skills and knowledge
- Development of competency to carry out various process safety-related studies
- Ability to come up with recommendations on safety-related studies
- Ability to practice risk planning and mitigation