Certification for the level FLACS-CFD v20.x Foundations is awarded by passing the FLACS-CFD v20.x Foundations Certification Exam. The exam tests both knowledge of how to operate FLACS (functionality) and how to use FLACS on practical applications (best practice). This requires both an understanding of the modelling capabilities as well as the phenomena modelled in FLACS. The user should demonstrate knowledge about best practices for the main applications of FLACS and should be able to set up scenarios correctly, run simulations and postprocess the results, including verification and quality assurance.
The exam is based on the FLACS I training and consists of 44 questions that cover five topics:
- Phenomena/models (10%)
- Scenario definition (60%)
- Geometry (10%)
- Running (10%)
- Post-processing (10%)
Anyone who would like/ need to use FLACS as a tool in their daily work.
To attain the certification for FLACS-CFD v20.x Foundations, you must demonstrate proficiency with FLACS as follows:
- Understanding of the basic mechanisms of gas dispersion, explosions and fires
- Proficiency in using FLACS for setting up scenarios, running simulations and extracting results for a basic range of typical gas dispersion, explosion and fire scenarios
- Knowledge and understanding of FLACS user guidelines and best practice for defining scenarios and running simulations
- Performing basic QA of scenarios and output to ensure accurate and realistic results
- Awareness of common mistakes and issues and how to solve and avoid them
- Competence to model and understand the effects of different mitigation measures (pressure relief panels, water deluge, inertization, etc.)
- Demonstrate the FLACS expertise of the company’s personnel
- Competitive advantage during bidding processes that can differentiate you from your competitors
- Hire your FLACS expert with peace of mind
- Ensure that FLACS users will execute simulations and projects with the required quality standards
- Proof of expertise in using FLACS
- Resume builder
- Differentiate yourself from others in the job market
- Translate years of knowhow on demonstrable certified field expertise
- Benchmark your own level of proficiency against your peers
- Your name will be added to an online database of certified FLACS users and an e-certificate will be issued to you.
Q: Am I qualified to take the exam?
A: You are qualified to take the exam if you have completed the mandatory FLACS training or review.
Q: What does the certification cost?
A: There is no exam fee if you take the exam within three months of completing your FLACS training or review. After this, the exam fee is 150 USD. Re-certification is always free of charge.
Q: How many questions are there?
A: The exam has 44 questions. All questions are multiple-choice.
Q: What score is needed to pass?
A: Certification is awarded to participants with a score above 70%.
Q: Is there a time limit for the exam?
A: There is a time limit of 90 minutes to complete the exam.
Q: Can I redo the exam?
A: You can attempt the exam two times.
Q: Can I use any resources during the exam?
A: The exam is open book and you can use resources such as FLACS software, user manual, and training material.
Q: How do I get my certificate?
A: On passing the exam, your name will be added to an online list of certified FLACS users and an e-certificate will be issued to you.
Q: How long is the certification valid?
A: The certificate is valid for two years from the date of attainment.
Q: What if I fail?
A: You can take the exam two times. Should you not pass the exam, we recommend that you attend the next possible FLACS I training course to revisit and refresh your FLACS skills.
|Name||Organization||Date of Certification||Certification Valid Until|
|Franz Zdravistch||Gexcon||6 October 2020||5 October 2022|
|Federico Ustolin||Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)||4 December 2020||3 December 2022|
|Govind Keshavrao Patil||Gexcon India||15 December 2020||14 December 2022|
|Hamidreza Ardeshiri||Gexcon||15 December 2020||14 December 2022|
|Neha Pradip Rane||Gexcon India||16 December 2020||15 December 2022|
|Pratik Vishwanath Bhoge||Gexcon India||17 December 2020||16 December 2022|
|Saurabh Sanjay Narkhede||Gexcon India||17 December 2020||16 December 2022|