When a license update or renewal is requested, you will receive it in the form of a V2C file from Gexcon. This article describes several ways to apply the update from the V2C file.
Use the Admin Control Center web interface
- Log in to the FLACS license server, i.e. the computer where your license hardware key (dongle) is inserted into the USB port.
- Open a web browser and go to http://localhost:1947/_int_/devices.html
- Look for a local key with vendor ID equal to 104628 (this is the vendor ID for Gexcon), confer the example below. Check that the key ID for your local key is the same as for your V2C file. In general, the key ID is included in the file name of the V2C file, for example, file name 963828531.v2c corresponds to key ID equal 963828531 (cf. image below). If in doubt, you can open the V2C file in a plain text editor to find the ‘hasp id’, which is the same as the key ID. The first few lines of the V2C file typically looks something like:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <hasp_info> <haspscope> <vendor id="104628"> <hasp id="1793571616"/> </vendor> </haspscope> <v2c> YoIDn6CCA5aABHZ0YzKBggImjryMvTEReh1ZDcW2tjJhoPt4QdSXt60OuagnqvGnTXlMcQ/aODb/ 9oO5Pxs0sYoeHbFtIRA+I1fLLprgRIfcakWF3w4vpdq7C7akDRLBlignOGt3r/3rktSoufQcW5yA
- Next, click on ‘Update/Attach’ or go to http://localhost:1947/_int_/checkin.html
- Click on ‘Browse…’ to select your V2C file received from Gexcon, and then click on ‘Apply File’ to apply this V2C file (see the image below).
- You should then get a confirmation that your license update included in the V2C file, was applied successfully (cf. the image below). Click on ‘Download Confirmation File’ if this is shown (cf image below), and send the confirmation file to Gexcon (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Next, to see available FLACS features click on ‘Features’ or go to http://localhost:1947/_int_/features.html
- In the example below, you can see that the feature FLACS (core simulator FLACS) is valid until Expiration Date ‘Mon May 1, 2017 01:55’.
Use the ‘FLACS Configuration Wizard’
- Log in on the FLACS license server, i.e. the computer where the license hardware key (dongle) is inserted into the USB port.
- Open the ‘FLACS Run Manager’ and click on the menu ‘Help’. sub-menu ‘Start Configuration Wizard…’.
- In the ‘FLACS configuration wizard’ tick off for ‘Apply license update’ and then click on ‘Next’.
- Click on ‘Choose file’ to select the V2C file (license update file) received from Gexcon, and then click on ‘Next’.
- You should then get a confirmation that your license has been updated successfully.
Alternative ways to install license update key.
It is also possible to install the V2C file remotely (not being logged in on the FLACS license server), or use the FLACS command line license configuration tool to install the V2C file. For more details, check the guidance in the section “Updating/renewing a license” in the FLACS User’s Manual (you can find links to the manual here).
Gexcon is pleased to announce that our Board of Directors has appointed Trygve Birkeli as our new corporate Chief Executive Officer. Trygve has extensive international experience with a track record of leading high-performing teams. Before joining Gexcon in 2018 as an Executive Vice President, he successfully held multiple senior positionsEvent News
Longship Fund II (“Longship”) has as of February 19th, 2021 acquired 100% of the shares in Gexcon AS from NORCE Norwegian Research Centre AS (“NORCE”). Gexcon is a global leader in process safety software, safety consulting and testing services, and specializes in analysis of dispersion, explosion and fire related risk and consequences. Based on experience developed in cooperationEvent News
We are pleased to invite you to join industry experts from Gexcon, Shell, Engie and Wales & West Utilities for an exclusive panel debate where they will be discussing topics surrounding Hydrogen Safety Challenges for the Energy Transition. The main discussion points at this panel debate are as follows: Perceptions within the hydrogen industry around safetyEvent News Renewables